2023 Alaska Study Cruise
Christianity is a faith that must be put into practice. Although God saves His people through faith alone in Christ alone, that faith never remains alone. True saving faith makes a difference in our lives as we seek to obey our Savior and Lord. The Apostle James provides some of Scripture’s clearest guidance on how Christians should both hear what God has revealed and do what His Word commands. During this eight-day study cruise, Ligonier Teaching Fellows Drs. W. Robert Godfrey and Derek Thomas will lead us through James 1 against the breathtaking landscape of Alaska. As we study the Apostle’s essential teachings on the character of God, we will be joyfully motivated to act on His Word and to live for His glory.
June 16 - Day 1
Depart from Seattle, Washington
June 17 - Day 2
June 18- Day 3
7:00 a.m. Arrive in Ketchikan, Alaska
4:00 p.m. Depart from Ketchikan
June 19 - Day 4
Cruising at Endicott Arm, Dawes Glacier, and Juneau
5:30–10:00 a.m. Cruise through Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier
1:30 p.m. Arrive in Juneau, Alaska
10:00 p.m. Depart from Juneau
June 20 - Day 5
Skagway and Cruising Inside Passage
7:00 a.m. Arrive in Skagway, Alaska
6:00 p.m. Depart from Skagway
6:30–10:30 p.m. Cruise through Alaska Inside Passage
June 21 - Day 6
June 22 - Day 7
Victoria, British Columbia
5:30 p.m. Arrive in Victoria, British Columbia
11:59 p.m. Depart from Victoria
June 23- Day 8
6:00 a.m. Arrive in Seattle, Washington
Dr. Derek W.H. Thomas is senior minister of the First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, S.C., and Chancellor’s Professor of Systematic and Pastoral Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary. He is a Ligonier Ministries teaching fellow and author of many books, including How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home, Calvin’s Teaching on Job, Strength for the Weary, and, with Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson, Ichthus: Jesus Christ, God’s Son, the Saviour.
W. Robert Godfrey
Dr. W. Robert Godfrey is a Ligonier Ministries teaching fellow and president emeritus and professor emeritus of church history at Westminster Seminary California. He is the featured teacher for the Ligonier six-part teaching series A Survey of Church History. His many books include God’s Pattern for Creation, Reformation Sketches, An Unexpected Journey, and Learning to Love the Psalms.
Pricing & Travel Information
- Early Bird Price (Expires 09/23/2022 ) Standard Price
- PS - Penthouse Suite Sold Out
- PS - Penthouse Suite Sold Out
- RS - Royal Suite Early Bird Price: $8,354.00 Price: $8,457.00
- RS - Royal Suite Early Bird Price: $8,148.00 Price: $8,251.00
- CS - Celebrity Suite Early Bird Price: $7,117.00 Price: $7,220.00
- CS - Celebrity Suite Early Bird Price: $6,911.00 Price: $7,014.00
- S1 - Sky Suite Early Bird Price: $4,797.00 Price: $4,900.00
- S2 - Sky Suite Early Bird Price: $4,333.00 Price: $4,436.00
- C1 - Concierge Class Early Bird Price: $2,673.00 Price: $2,776.00
- C2 - Concierge Class Early Bird Price: $2,519.00 Price: $2,622.00
- 2A - Balcony Early Bird Price: $2,364.00 Price: $2,467.00
- 2B - Balcony Early Bird Price: $2,313.00 Price: $2,416.00
- 7 - Ocean View Early Bird Price: $2,106.00 Price: $2,209.00
- 9 - Interior Early Bird Price: $1,694.00 Price: $1,797.00
- 10 - Interior Early Bird Price: $1,663.00 Price: $1,766.00
About Ligonier Tours
One of the best ways you can learn about a person or even an event is being there—to be on site. We can certainly learn from reading and studying. We can even create the scene in our mind’s eye. But nothing brings a person or an event to life like being there. Ligonier Tours takes you to the places where significant events occurred, events that have shaped history. You can literally walk in the footsteps of our heroes of the past, of Luther, of Calvin, of Jonathan Edwards. You will meet these figures in ways you have never met them before.
Ligonier’s Teaching Fellows and other ministry leaders serve as your guides as you explore these important sites. On these tours, you’ll have time with these trusted teachers over a meal or at the sites along the journey. You will also have rich times of fellowship with your fellow travelers, meeting kindred spirits and making friendships.
Ligonier Tours brings the past to life, they serve to encourage us as disciples in our own day, and they offer us reminders that we are not alone, but that we are on our pilgrim journey together.